Friday, July 31, 2009

New on eBay

The previous year or so has been difficult in a lot of respects, and my lack of blogging certainly shows that my mind has been...elsewhere. Kelly's first year of Kindergarten was dreadful. With First Grade coming up in about a month I am very hopeful that it will be a better year for her. She has qualified for special education services at the school, mainly due to her behavioral difficulties. She is too full of energy and too strong-willed and willful for the structure of school. I think she may have sent her Kindergarten teacher into early retirement.

I am beginning to find my artistic footing and passion again following months of distraction. I have begun using watercolors again for the first time in at least a year. For the first time in over two years I am offering original art on eBay; I have two auctions going on right now and ending Sunday, Aug. 2.

The first is this Lederhosen clad Dachshund hoisting a beer and a Bavarian Pretzel:
The auction for this little ATC starts at just $9.99 and can be seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330348770967

The 2nd Art Trading Card up for sale is a Jack Russell Terrier starting its day with a cup of strong coffee. I love how the expression turned out on this one:
I know it will take folks a while to find my art again after my long silence. I pray they will.
Cafe Press, which was my main source of income until this June, has been where most of my art energies have been channeled the last couple of years. In June they changed their commission policy so that unless customers find and purchase my art directly from one of my links I receive only a 10% commission of their stated price - this is a 75%-80% percent pay cut, the equivalent of being laid-off. I am still selling on Cafe Press but for my loyal customers please remember that unless you come directly to my store at http://www.cafepress.com/terrypond I will not receive a full commission for products you buy with my designs. Cafe Press has in good faith tried to keep my work out there in the public eye by honoring me with a Featured Designer Banner in a pilot program they've begun for Top Shopkeepers. This has been better for my ego than my pocket book, but sometimes knowing your work is valued and noticed can mean more than money. Our utility company disagrees, but I'm working on 'em.



No comments:

Post a Comment