Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's All About the Weiners!

Finally I have longhaired Dachshunds in Lederhosen for Oktoberfest! I did a longhair red weiner dog and a black and tan. I am also putting the shorthaired versions up with Oktoberfest text. The longhaired weenies have the saying "It's all about the Weiners!" on them, too. I was thinking about "I love beer and weiners" but just couldn't decide if that would appeal. The longhaired black and tan Oktoberfest products are here: http://www.cafepress.com/terrypond/5929761 and the reds are here: http://www.cafepress.com/terrypond/5925458.

Today was my daughter Kelly's first day of Kindergarten. We walked her down to the bus stop and waited with her. When the bus arrived she marched confidently aboard and took a seat. I will meet her when she gets off the bus in about a half hour. I hope her first day at school went well. She looked so cute and sweet this morning, with her pink and blue outfit, her fluffy short haircut and her new Spongebob backpack. I doubt she will give me a whole lot of clues about her day when she gets off the bus; I wish I could have watched a webcam to see how it went.

Still working on getting my mom out here - found out IL unemployment is going to drastically reduce her benefits because she applied for Social Security benefits - how not fair is that? Finding the search for information on UI benefits from state to state is really difficult. I consider myself a fairly expert Googler, but the trail to actual information is very convoluted, and you can forget about talking to anyone in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment